To the Northwest of Nepal lies the fascinating country of the legendry Sherpas. In this land of mountains, Pumori stands aloof and proud as if aware of its intense effect on the valley below. pumori, this incredible pyramid of snow and rocks, is indeed the pride of the Solo Khumbu. Pumori is generally considered to be technically challenging and requires climbers to be experienced as well as in faultless physical condition. For one such climber this mountain could become the most rewarding challenger in the Himalaya.
Our trek starts off at Lukla. For the actual climb we will use the classical route first opened by a German -Swiss team. This route requires the least amount of technicality but is exposed to objective dangers such as avalanche prone section and a section exposed to sera fall. The Base Camp is at an altitude of 3500m and the advanced camp at an altitude of 5900m.
Lated as’ Mountain of the Spirit.’ The Best Climbing months are April May late Septmber and October. It can be approach from Lukla.
|Trip Name||Pumori Expedition||Region||Everest|
|Culture||Tibetan Buddhist||Max Altitude||7145m|
|Min Group Size||2 pax||Max Group Size||15 pax|
|Transportation||Flight / Land||Name of Peak||Mt. Pumori|
|Trip Start Point||Lukla||Trip end Point||Lukla|
Day 01 Arrive Kathmandu. Meet & transfer to hotel. O/N hotel.
Day 02 Free Day in Kathmandu. Hotel B/B.
Day 03 Kathmandu – Official formalities, hotel B/B.
Day 04 Flight: Ktm – Lukla, Trek to Phakding, camp.
Day 05 Phakding camp to Namche Bazaar, camp.
Day 06 Rest Day at Namche Bazaar, camp.
Day 07 Namche Bazaar to Tengboche, camp.
Day 08 Tengboche camp to Pheriche, camp.
Day 09 Pheriche camp to Lobuche, camp.
Day 10 Lobuche camp to Pumori Base Camp.
Day 11 Base Camp Preparation.
Day 12-25 Climbing period of Pumori.
Day 26 BC to Tengboche, camp.
Day 27 Tengboche camp to Namche Bazaar, camp.
Day 28 Namche Bazaar to Lukla, lodge or camp.
Day 29 Flight Lukla- Kathmandu, transfer to hotel B/B.
Day 30 Kathmandu, hotel B/B.
Day 31 Final Departure.
- Arrival & departure transfers by private vehicle
- B&B accommodation in Kathmandu at a 3 star hotel on a twin-share basis
- Complete camping equipment for trekking
- Accommodation & meals while trekking
- Food & camping at Base Camp for members & staff
- Expedition permit (shared basis) & national park fee (wherever applicable)
- 2 Base Camp staff (1 cook & 1 kitchen boy)
- 1 liaison officer plus daily wages, equipment & insurance
- Staff wages, equipment allowance & insurance
- Required number of porters (porters to carry up to 30kgs each) including food & equipment
- Domestic airfare (strictly as per itinerary) for members & staff
- Cargo fees (strictly as per itinerary)
- Cargo clearance & duty fees
- All surface transfers as per the itinerary
- Farewell dinner at authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural program
- Nepal visa fee
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- High-altitude Climbing Sherpa
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars during trekking.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones and Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Personal climbing gears
- Supplemental oxygen
- Filming permit (if special camera)
- Cargo Customs clearance duty fees
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs
- Any other item not included in “Full Board Service Cost Includes” section