Chulu East (6,584 m.) is situated high above the Manang valley with breathtaking views across to the Annapurna II, III and IV, Gangapurna, Glacier Dome, Dhaulagiri, Tilicho Peak and Manaslu. The climb is combined with the classic trek around the Annapurna massif, ascending the Marshyangdi valley and crossing the Thorong La, before descending the Kali Gandaki valley to Pokhara. The climb is technically straightforward and you should be familiar with the use of your equipment, crampons, harness, ice axe, tying knots and handling climbing ropes. Most of the climbing will be involved walking roped together, including the glacial crossings. You should be very fit and have good experience of climbing.
The North-East Ridge is considered the normal route to climb this peak from a Base Camp on the moraine at 5334m (17500ft). Most climbers make it to the top and back from Base Camp in one long day although some have, in the past, established a higher camp somewhere below the peak. Another subsidiary peak called Chulu Far East (6059m) 19880ft) may also be attempted from this approach.
Duration: 22 days
Program Type: Peak Climbing
Max. Altitude: 6584m
Minimum Pax: 2+
Mode of Travel: Flight/Land
Start Trip: Khudi
End Trip: Besishahar
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu; transfer to the Hotel
Day 02: Sight seeing around Kathmandu valley
Day 03: Drive to Khudi, camp
Day 04: Trek to Ghermu Phant, camp
Day 05: Trek to Chyamje, camp
Day 06: Trek to Dharapani, camp
Day 07: Trek to Chame, camp
Day 08: Trek to Pisang, camp
Day 09: Trek to Ngwal, camp
Day 10: Trek to Chulu east base camp, camp
Day 11: Rest at Chulu east base camp, camp
Day 12: Ascend to Chulu East High camp, camp
Day 13: Additional day (incase of bad weather), ascend to the top or explore around, camp.
Day 14: Summit Chulu East and return to base camp, camp
Day 15: Trek to Hunde, camp
Day 16: Trek to Bhratang, camp
Day 17: Trek to Bagarchhap, camp
Day 18: Trek to Jagat, camp
Day 19: Trek to Ngadi, camp
Day 20: Trek to Bensisahar, camp
Day 21: Drive back to Kathmandu, Hotel
Day 22: Free day in Kathmandu, Hotel.
Programmed Cost US 1885 $ Per/Person
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Drive to Khudi, camp to Bensisahar, camp & Drive back to Kathmandu,
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, Desert /fruit after having dinner as company provide
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- A/Cap/Climbing/ permit
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal – approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).