Additionally, it offers some of the most spectacular mountain scenery, pristine forest, and high altitude climbing in the world. We start this climb with a hair-raising flight into the small town of Lukla at 2,800 m (9,184 ft). From there it is a six-day trek, with plenty of acclimatization days to keep us healthy at our ever-increasing altitude, through some of Nepal’s most pristine Rhododendron, oak, silver fir and birch forests, past beautiful alpine lakes, and finally up to the foot of Mera Glacier where well establish base camp. We will set up two more high camps, the first over 300 m above B.C. on the Mera Glacier, and the second after we cross the Mera crevasse field at 5,800 m. From here it is a steady and steep climb to reach the summit, with awe-inspiring views of Kanchenjunga and Makalu to the east, Everest and Lhotse to the north, and Ama Dablam and Cho Oyu to the west.
Duration: 18 days
Program Type: Peak Climbing
Max. Altitude: 6476m
Minimum Pax: 2+
Mode of Travel: Flight/Land
Start Trip: Lukla
End Trip: Lukla
Day 01: Arrived at Intl airport transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Preparation day
Day 03: Early in the morning fly to lukla over night at Chhuthanga.
Day 04: 6 hour treks to Chhatrabuk
Day 05: 5 hour treks to Khothe
Day 06: 6 hour treks to Thangana
Day 07: Rest at Thangana for high altitude
Day 08: Mera Peak base cano
Day 09: Preparation for the climb equipment.
Day 10: Mera high camp
Day 11: Makt the way in Mera
Day 12: Climb Mera and back to base camp.
Day 13: One day extra for the weather condition
Day 14: Base camp to Khothe
Day 15: Way back to Chhatrabuk
Day 16: Chhuthanga
Day 17: Lukla
Day 18: Fly back to Kathmandu.
Progammed Cost US$ 2525 per/person
- Transportation system along with pick up and drop service from airport to hotel and vice versa
- Accommodation according to the requirement
- food facilities during the trip i.e breakfast,lunch,dinner (along with tea and coffee)
- All necessary staffs which includes experienced English prefered guide by the side if need any sort of help and information
- fly to Kathmandu to Lukla and Lukla Kathmandu
- island peak climbing permit
- Garbage deposit
- Cook, tent, Group Mountaineering expedition and camping equipment and other supplies if you wish for camping trip
- Porters (2 trekkers =1 porter) and if you wish for tea house trek 1 porters carries 30 kg only
- All necessary paper works,trekking permits,tims ,guide and porter insurance and so on.
- If you forget to bring sleeping bags,down jackets then you can hire
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag (first aid)
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee (you must have your own accurate USD cash along with two passport sized photo)
- International airfare charges
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 20 kg luggage,you will have to pay yourself)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival.
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge,
- extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Personal expedition equipments
- Personal climbing guide if requested
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended