Dudh Kunda is a lake, situated at the front of Number Himal, locally known as Milky Pond of Solu. It is one of the best destination places in Everest region. Dudh Kunda lake trekking is located in the low region of Everest trekking or Solu region. In every August there is an influx of devotees of Hindus and Buddhist who come to perform cleansing ritual at the lake. Dudh kunda situated in the lap of Mt. Numbur literally means lake of milk and is said to be a sacred lake and is venerated by the local people. You will enjoy panoramic Himalayan views of Everest, Mt. Number, and other Everest Himalaya range. The region of Dudh Kunda trekking gets fewer tourists making it a refreshing and peaceful place to trek where you will be overawed by the locals, the natural beauty of the area and the stunning mountain scenery. Dudh Kunda is a cultural and nature lover trek in Nepal.
This new trek winds through the hills of Solu from Phaplu via pangoma to the glacial lake at Dudh Kunda ( 4500m), which shivers beneath the mountain wall of Numbur (6959m). From Pangoma it takes seven to nine hours to reach the the Camp site by the lake, and a further three to five days to trek through Thupten Chholing to junbesi. Do not attempt to reach the lake in a single day if you have not acclimatised above 4000m,( For example, if you are descending from the Everest region). The turn-off in Pangoma is Just uphill from the Quiet View Lodge – if you reach the Gauri Shanker Lodge you’ve gone too far.
The 1;125,000 Jiri-Pikey-Everest map from Nepa Maps shows the two-week loop from Phaplu airstrip to Dudh kunda and on to the the Everest viewpoint at Pikey danda (4065m) passing through mountainous country that has so far seen few international trekkers. For suggested itineraries, follow the links to specific treks in the Everest region
|Trip Name||Dudh Kunda Culture Trek||Region||Everest|
|Best Time||Sep-Nov, Mar-Jun||Walking Hour||6/7 hours per day|
|Culture||Tibetan Buddhist||Max Altitude||5150m|
|Min Group Size||2 pax||Max Group Size||15 pax|
|Meal||Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner||Accomodations||Guest House, Tea House|
|Transportation||Van/ Car/ Bus/ Flight||Trip Grade||Moderate|
|Trip Start Point||Phaplu||Trip end Point||Phaplu|
Day 01; Arrival in Kathmandu . Welcome by Himalayan Magic Trek members and transfer to Hotel on Bed & Breakfast plan.
Day 02; Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley overnight at Hotel with Bed & Breakfast plan
Day 03; We Fly from Kathmandu to Phaplu 2,469m. From Phaplu we trek to around Salleri head quarter of the district of Solukhumbu and walk on through rhododendron, and Pine forest overnight at Tent.
Day 04; Trek to Takshindu 3,060m. Via Ringmo. It takes 5 to 6 hours of walk descending down to Dudh Koshi (Milk River) the largest river on the trek. Then ascend through several Sherpa villages overnight at Tent.
Day 05; Trek from Takshindu to Beni 3,972m. It will take about 5 to 6 hours overnight at Tent.
Day 06; Trek from Beni to Dudhkunda 4,560m. Lake site situated at the foot of Numbur Himal, (mountain) locally known as Shorong Yul Lha, meaning “Protector of Solu “Lake is believed to be of religious value overnight at Tent.
Day 07; Trek down to same way Dudh Kunda we trek back to Ringmo 2,700m overnight at Tent.
Day 08; Trek to Phaplu 2,469m overnight at Tent.
Day 09; Fly Back to kathmandu1,310m, direct transfer to hotel. Free day in Kathmandu,evening together farewell dinner with Typical Nepali Culture overnight at Hotel.
Day 10; Departure from Kathmandu to your onward destination.
- Airport pickup and drop to (TIA) Airport Transfer to Hotel.
- Guided sightseeing tour in Swayambunath and Bhaktapur
- Flight from Kathmandu to Phaplu.
- One English speaking Guide (government license holder trek Guide)
- 2 client have 1 porter ( porter carry only 25 Kg)
- All Nepali trekking stuff Insurance and accommodation food transportation salary.
- 3 time meal I.e (breakfast, lunch, Dinner, Tea, coffee, Hot lemon)
- Accommodation at local guest house twin sharing
- 3 night hotel accommodation in Kathmandu 3/ 4 star categories twin sharing with B/B Basic
- Sagarmatha National park fee and TIM card.
- Flight from Phaplu to Kathmanfu.
- Porter equipment
- Nepal Visa fee (you must have your own accurate USD cash along with two passport sized photo)
- International airfare charges
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 20 kg luggage, you will have to pay yourself)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure.
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge,
- Extra porters, boiled water, shower, heater, etc.
- Tips for Guide and porter