Meaning of Dhaulagiri is white-mountain which is the seventh highest Mountain in the world. It is located at 28 41′ 46’N latitude and 83 29′ 43’E longitude and is measured at 8,167 meters above sea level. After its discovery in 1808, it replaced Ecuader’s Chimborazo as the postulated highest mountain in the world. It Maintainet this standing for nearly 30 years, until the discovery of Kanchenjunga, which was then falsely believed to be the world’s highest mountain Dhaulagir’s crest stretches for 30 miles, lending structure to an otherwise tangled topography of twissting ridges, glaciers, and ice falls. In 1960. the swiss/Austran expedition team first reached the Summit, despite their aeroplane having crashed durung the approach and this was the first Himalayan climb supported by an aeroplane. The Climbing Months for the summit are April May, late September and October. It can be reached from Pokhara
|Trip Name||Dhaulagiri Expedition||Region||Annapurna|
|Culture||Tibetan Buddhist||Max Altitude||8176m|
|Min Group Size||2 pax||Max Group Size||15 pax|
|Transportation||Flight / Land||Name of Peak||Dhaulagiri|
|Trip Start Point||Pokhara||Trip end Point||Jomsom|
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu leisure time.
Day 03: Kathmandu-Official formalities and briefing for Expedition.
Day 04: Kathmandu-Baglung by private coach.
Day 05: Trek to Beni.
Day 06: Trek to Babi Chor.
Day 07: Trek to Dharapani.
Day 08: Trek to Mudi.
Day 09: Trek to Boghara.
Day 10: Trek to Dabang.
Day 11: Trek to Pine Forest.
Day 12: Trek to Italian Base Camp.
Day 13: Trek to Dhaulagiri Base Camp.
Day 14-33: Dhaulagiri Expedition-Climbing period.
Day 34: Trek to Tukuche.
Day 35: Trek to Yak Kharka.
Day 36: Trek to Marpha.
Day 37: Trek to Ghasa.
Day 38: Trek to Tatopani.
Day 39: Trek to Ghorepani.
Day 40: Trek to Birethanti.
Day 41: Transfer to Pokhara, stay in hotel.
Day 42: Pokhara-Kathmandu by private transportation.
Day 43: Kathmandu full city sightseeing tour.
Day 44: Leisure day for self shopping and relaxation.
Day 45: Final Departure.
- Arrival & departure transfers by private vehicle
- B&B accommodation in Kathmandu at a 3 star hotel on a twin-share basis
- Complete camping equipment for trekking
- Accommodation & meals while trekking
- Food & camping at Base Camp for members & staff
- Expedition permit (shared basis) & national park fee (wherever applicable)
- 2 Base Camp staff (1 cook & 1 kitchen boy)
- 1 liaison officer plus daily wages, equipment & insurance
- Staff wages, equipment allowance & insurance
- Required number of porters (porters to carry up to 30kgs each) including food & equipment
- Domestic airfare (strictly as per itinerary) for members & staff
- Cargo fees (strictly as per itinerary)
- Cargo clearance & duty fees
- All surface transfers as per the itinerary
- Farewell dinner at authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural program
- Nepal visa fee
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- High-altitude Climbing Sherpa
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars during trekking.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones and Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Personal climbing gears
- Supplemental oxygen
- Filming permit (if special camera)
- Cargo Customs clearance duty fees
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs
- Any other item not included in “Full Board Service Cost Includes” section