Tharpu Chuli or Tent Peak 5,663m. is situated in the heart of Annapurna Sanctuary and is among the few snow-clad summits at this height range in Nepal. This peak offers an ideal opportunity for those who want to summit a Himalayan peak, but who may otherwise be hesitant to try a higher peak as a Himalayan debut. Besides providing an interesting climb combining glacier travel, face climbing and tiptoeing on knife ridges, a climb on this mountain offers an unparalleled view of the entire Annapurna Sanctuary a breathtaking circle of hanging glaciers and moraines surrounded by some of the highest peaks on earth. The normal route follows the North-West Ridge to the summit although the mountain has been climbed via the South-East Ridge as well as South-West Face.
Duration: 23 days
Program Type: Peak Climbing
Max. Altitude: 5663m
Minimum Pax: 2+
Mode of Travel: Flight/Land
Start Trip: Suikhet
End Trip: Birethati
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu transfers to hotel and welcome diner.
Day 02: Rest day at prepared permit and briefing for climb
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara 900m
Day 04: Drive from Pokhara to Suikhet and Pothana 1700m.
Day 05: Pothana to Naya Pul
Day 06: Naya Pul to Khuldighar 2380m.
Day 07: Khuldighar to Himalayan hotel 2950m.
Day 08: Himalayan hotel to Machapuchhere Base Camp 3800m.
Day 09: Machapuchhere Base Camp to Annapurna Base Camp 4200m.
Day 10: Rest day at Base camp for acclimatization
Day 11: Annapurna Base Camp to Tharpu Chuli Base Camp 4700m.
Day 12: Tharpu Chuli 5200m. To High camp
Day 13: High camp to Tharpu Chuli Summit and back to Base Camp
Day 14: Base Camp to Machapuchhere 3800m.
Day 15: Machhapuchhre Base Camp to Himalayan Hotel
Day 16: Himalayan Hotel to Chomorong 2100m.
Day 17: Chomorong to Tadapani 2700m.
Day 18: Tadapani to Ghorepani 2850m.
Day 19: Ghorepani to Birethati 1189m.
Day 20: Birethati to Pokhara 900m.
Day 21: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
Day 22: Kathmandu valley sightseeing and farewell diner.
Day 23: Back to onward destination.
Programmed Cost US 2325 $ Per/Person
- Transportation system along with pick up and drop service from airport to hotel and vice versa
- Accommodation according to the requirement
- food facilities during the trip i.e breakfast,lunch,dinner (along with tea and coffee)
- All necessary staffs which includes experienced English prefered guide by the side if need any sort of help and information
- fly to Kathmandu to Lukla and Lukla Kathmandu
- Tharpu chuli peak climbing permit
- Garbage deposit
- Cook, tent, Group Mountaineering expedition and camping equipment and other supplies if you wish for camping trip
- Porters (2 trekkers =1 porter) and if you wish for tea house trek 1 porters carries 30 kg only
- All necessary paper works,trekking permits,tims ,guide and porter insurance and so on.
- If you forget to bring sleeping bags,down jackets then you can hire
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag (first aid)
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee (you must have your own accurate USD cash along with two passport sized photo)
- International airfare charges
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 20 kg luggage,you will have to pay yourself)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival.
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge,
- extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Personal expedition equipments
- Personal climbing guide if requested
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended