Chulu East (6,584 m.) is situated high above the Manang valley with breathtaking views across to the Annapurna II, III and IV, Gangapurna, Glacier Dome, Dhaulagiri, Tilicho Peak and Manaslu. The climb is combined with the classic trek around the Annapurna massif, ascending the Marshyangdi valley and crossing the Thorong La, before descending the Kali Gandaki valley to Pokhara. The climb is technically straightforward and you should be familiar with the use of your equipment, crampons, harness, ice axe, tying knots and handling climbing ropes. Most of the climbing will be involved walking roped together, including the glacial crossings. You should be very fit and have good experience of climbing.
The North-East Ridge is considered the normal route to climb this peak from a Base Camp on the moraine at 5334m (17500ft). Most climbers make it to the top and back from Base Camp in one long day although some have, in the past, established a higher camp somewhere below the peak. Another subsidiary peak called Chulu Far East (6059m) 19880ft) may also be attempted from this approach.
|Trip Name||Chulu East Peak Climbing||Region||Annapurna|
|Transportation||Flight / Land||Max Altitude||6475m|
|Min Group Size||2 pax||Max Group Size||15 pax|
|Trip Start Point||Koto||Trip end Point||Koto|
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu; transfer to the Hotel
Day 02: Sight seeing around Kathmandu valley
Day 03: Drive to Khudi, camp
Day 04: Trek to Ghermu Phant, camp
Day 05: Trek to Chyamje, camp
Day 06: Trek to Dharapani, camp
Day 07: Trek to Chame, camp
Day 08: Trek to Pisang, camp
Day 09: Trek to Ngwal, camp
Day 10: Trek to Chulu east base camp, camp
Day 11: Rest at Chulu east base camp, camp
Day 12: Ascend to Chulu East High camp, camp
Day 13: Additional day (incase of bad weather), ascend to the top or explore around, camp.
Day 14: Summit Chulu East and return to base camp, camp
Day 15: Trek to Hunde, camp
Day 16: Trek to Bhratang, camp
Day 17: Trek to Bagarchhap, camp
Day 18: Trek to Jagat, camp
Day 19: Trek to Ngadi, camp
Day 20: Trek to Bensisahar, camp
Day 21: Drive back to Kathmandu, Hotel
Day 22: Free day in Kathmandu, Hotel.
Programmed Cost US 2135 $ Per/Person
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from Airport both Domestic and International with other necessary surface transport as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International airport by free fun tours representative while arriving and departing.
- 4 Nights accommodations at 3/4 Star hotels in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, Boudhnath and Durbar Square).
- Local English-speaking Guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Necessary staffs including experienced guides and porters during the trekking and climbing.
- All transportation by air and land as pear itinerary for all sector to all climbing member and Staff.
- All trekking and camping equipments like camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents, etc.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) along with available accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Guest Houses or tents for members and staffs during trek and climbing in twin sharing basis.
- Per person 30kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter or Yak and 20kg baggage allowance while returning from Base Camp after climbing the peak.
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee) and TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System)
- Peak Climbing permit
- Required Experienced, Trained and Government Licensed Climbing Guide(s) during Climbing Period as per the size of group
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu before departure.
- Free fun tours Special Gifts (T-shirt/Pashmina etc.)
- Our service Charges
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival)
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” SECTION