Chulu Peak is situated to the north of the Annapurna range, and is an ideal summit for those wanting to extend their climbing experience beyond the trekking peaks of the Everest region. It is a prominent peak in the Manang Himal range, rising majestically from the semi-arid flatlands of the Manang valley, in the mid northwest region of Nepal. At 6410m Chulu West is the highest peak in the Manang Himal range and is also considered on of the most beautiful. It is also and ideal peak on which to develop expeditionary style experience, as members will play an active role in establishing intermediary camps on the mountain.
This trek is strenuous therefore a high level of physical fitness is essential. A strong sense of adventure, and the willingness to walk 8 to 9 hours a day, often at high altitude is strongly recommended. A basic knowledge of mountain climbing is an advantage, although our experienced Sherpa guides will guide and accompany you to the top.
Duration: 21 days
Program Type: Peak Climbing
Max. Altitude: 6420m
Minimum Pax: 2+
Mode of Travel: Flight/Land
Start Trip: Bensisahar
End Trip: Jomsom
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu; transfer to the Hotel
Day 02: Sight seeing around Kathmandu valley
Day 03: Departure to Bensisahar
Day 04: Trek to Bahundanda
Day 05: Trek to Chamje
Day 06: Trek to Dharapani
Day 07: Trek to Chame
Day 08: Trek to Pisang
Day 09: Trek to Manang
Day 10: Acclimatization at Manang
Day 11: Trek to Chulu base camp
Day 12: Rest at Chulu base camp
Day 13: High camp
Day 14: Summit Chulu East (6,358-meter) or West (6,420-meter) and return back to base camp.
Day 15: Trek to Thorong high camp
Day 16: Trek to Muktinath after crossing Thorong La pass (5,416m.)
Day 17: Trek to Jomsom
Day 18: Fly back to Pokhara from Jomsom
Day 19: Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 20: Rest at Kathmandu
Day 21: Departure on your own destination.
Programmed Cost US 2345 $ Per/Person
- Transportation system along with pick up and drop service from airport to hotel and vice versa
- Accommodation according to the requirement
- food facilities during the trip i.e breakfast,lunch,dinner (along with tea and coffee)
- All necessary staffs which includes experienced English prefered guide by the side if need any sort of help and information
- Drive to Jagat by jeep
- fly from Jomsom to Pokhara
- Drive back from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- Chhulu west peak climbing permit
- Garbage deposit
- Cook, tent, Group Mountaineering expedition and camping equipment and other supplies if you wish for camping trip
- Porters (2 trekkers =1 porter) and if you wish for tea house trek 1 porters carries 30 kg only
- All necessary paper works,trekking permits,tims ,guide and porter insurance and so on.
- If you forget to bring sleeping bags,down jackets then you can hire
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag (first aid)
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee (you must have your own accurate USD cash along with two passport sized photo)
- International airfare charges
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 20 kg luggage,you will have to pay yourself)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival.
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge,
- extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Personal expedition equipments
- Personal climbing guide if requested
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended